PDA

View Full Version : Finepix F10 - Need pouch/case recommendation

carli8020
02-18-2006, 08:36 PM
Pls recommend a good case to protect my F10. Nothing too clunky or bulky. I want it to fit in my tote bag, also my jacket pocket if possible. I bought the dedicated case made by Fuji but it leaves too much of the camera exposed. Pls write soon, thank you. Carli

P_Schneider
02-18-2006, 09:55 PM
This Case Logic is what I use. 3 compartments, all padded.
Front is big enough for extra memory and battery.
Main is big enough for the camera plus my multi card reader.
Rear is big enough for the USB cable.
Strap is adjustable for both shoulder or waist.
Weather proof.
Under $20.

You might want to spend a bit and get a screen protector for your LCD too. The one thing I hate about this camera is the fact that the glass sticks out instead of being recessed.

http://www.grandmaschneiders.com/public_misc/pics/caselogic.jpg

cubby
02-18-2006, 11:05 PM
I went on ebay, into the bags and cases section under cameras and typed in a search for the Fuji F10...I ended up buying a little black leather case that fits it perfectly and I've been using it to tote the camera around for a month now...I really like it.

cubby

marcon88
02-19-2006, 11:38 AM
Hi,

I have just bought a hard shell case for my Fuji F11, as well as a fitted small leather case.
The leather case is really ideal for putting the camera into your pocket for reasons of size, but if you want to leave your camer in a bag, you definitely need some better protection, i.e. a hard shell case. An alternative product I found on ebay is a fitted soft neopren case (stuff wetsuits are made off) with a zip, however, I don't don't know how good this is.

Over the internet I found very little that was especially designed for my F11, but in the end bought a case from the ebay shop:
Camera Works Northwest (www.cameraworksnw.com)
and was rather pleased with both the product and the service.

The hard shell case as it is advertised, is not actually very hard (as e.g. carbon or glass fibre), but rather a slightly flexible shell, which should help cushion sudden impacts, such as a drop. Understandably, I haven't tried any of the sort with my camera.

However, when it comes to size, the hard shell definitely does not fit into the front pocket of my jeans, but requires a coat pocket, so if size is all that matters, do the same as cubby (below) or myself and get a fitted leather case. Again, the neopren one might also be a solution.

Initially my plan was to use the fitted leather case inside the hard shell case, but the camera dressed in leather just about doesn't fit the bigger shell.

Probably best, if you judge for yourself, but I found most of the useful products on ebay.

Marus

carli8020
02-20-2006, 08:08 PM
P, good idea about screen protector. Definitely will look for that. Marus, that hard shell case on camera works nw is just what I want. It's small yet totally protects the camera while in my shoulder bag. Thanks so much to both. Carla