PDA

View Full Version : "Anti Shake" Technology

Bill Marty
02-08-2006, 06:46 AM
I have used an Olympus C-2100UZ for 5 years and have become accustomed to the ability to reach out long distances in low light and still get good images. However it is only 2.2 MP and I want more but I am in a quandry about what camera to purchase. Would like to buy a DSLR but Konica Minolta and Olympus are the only ones I can see which offer 'stabilized' options. Yes I do know about monopods etc but are there any thought you all may have?

beachluvr
02-08-2006, 10:54 AM
I have used an Olympus C-2100UZ for 5 years and have become accustomed to the ability to reach out long distances in low light and still get good images. However it is only 2.2 MP and I want more but I am in a quandry about what camera to purchase. Would like to buy a DSLR but Konica Minolta and Olympus are the only ones I can see which offer 'stabilized' options. Yes I do know about monopods etc but are there any thought you all may have?

If you see yourself using mostly one multipurpose zoom lens on a DSLR (and many people do), then you can also consider Nikon and Canon, who make VR/IS/AS lenses that work on their DSLRs. If you would like VR/IS/AS to be available to use with several lenses, Konica Minolta (and there are assumptions of Sony in the future) have AS built into the camera body. There are numerous threads at this forum on the subject.