PDA

View Full Version : Multiple framed prints = 1 Large image

aparmley
02-04-2006, 07:11 PM
Ok. . . I've been driving myself insane on google. Heres the deal. I want to turn one of my photos into a large one by way of dividing it up into 8x10 sections - Printing each section then framing it and then hanging it on the wall. I hope some of you know what I am talking about . . . . I don't know what its called and I recall reading a tutorial on how to do it, I've thumbed through all my books and ran like 20 google searches. . . "Where did I see this?" - I'm stuck. Any Help? Oh - I wanna say I read a way of setting it up in Photoshop but I can't recall.

Thanks

lexstar
02-04-2006, 09:14 PM
theres this program called rastorbater

but this pixelates the picture and lets you print out massive sizes of your picture via a4 prints

i made one of my car that took approx 48 pages

looks quite cool from a distance, pretty sure if you googled it you'd find it

hth

aparmley
02-04-2006, 09:27 PM
Thats just it I have been trying to google it, using words I know how to describe it but I get everything but what I am looking for - - -

Oh crap - Did I see this when I used to use Microsoft digital Imaging suite - I'll check it out when I get home. . . Thanks for the reply any more ideas? ? ?

American Nomad
02-04-2006, 10:02 PM
Did you see it with your printer software? I had a Lexmark that would do that and now I have an Epson that will do the same thing. Good Luck.

aparmley
02-04-2006, 10:47 PM
Did you see it with your printer software? I had a Lexmark that would do that and now I have an Epson that will do the same thing. Good Luck.

Good idea. I will have to check that. Thanks.

aparmley
02-04-2006, 10:57 PM
I think I found some stuff @ download.com, did a search on poster printing. . .

lexstar
02-05-2006, 12:46 AM
http://arje.net/rasterbator

will link you to the homepage

you can download the software there

iLuveKetchup
02-06-2006, 09:13 PM
You can use Google's Picassa. It's free and does the job.
Steps:
Open the picture you want to create a poster of -> /create tab/make a poster

beachluvr
02-06-2006, 09:45 PM
Ok. . . I've been driving myself insane on google. Heres the deal. I want to turn one of my photos into a large one by way of dividing it up into 8x10 sections - Printing each section then framing it and then hanging it on the wall. I hope some of you know what I am talking about . . . . I don't know what its called and I recall reading a tutorial on how to do it, I've thumbed through all my books and ran like 20 google searches. . . "Where did I see this?" - I'm stuck. Any Help? Oh - I wanna say I read a way of setting it up in Photoshop but I can't recall.

Thanks

It's called tileing. My printer has it as a setting. To get more control, Arcsoft Panarama Maker includes it in very low cost software (that is often bundled with printers and scanners, it also came with some of my cameras).

aparmley
02-11-2006, 10:50 AM
Thanks for the info everyone I appreciate.

Beach - "Tileing" it seems so obvious now! Dooh! Thanks

alfatester
01-30-2007, 01:27 AM
There is other poster printing software (http://www.ronyasoft.com/products/proposter/) alternative