PDA

View Full Version : How should i clean and take care a digital camera?

CanonManiac
10-20-2004, 09:17 PM
Hi everyone i bought a Canon a95 and its awesome! i love it!!! and i was wondering how should i have to clean the camera... how can i clean the lcd screen and how i CAN NOT! the same as for the lense!.
Another thing talking about the lens, does the lens have a preotection glass?

Hope u can give me some cleaning tips!

sorry about my english
:( :(

D70FAN
10-21-2004, 06:55 AM
Hi everyone i bought a Canon a95 and its awesome! i love it!!! and i was wondering how should i have to clean the camera... how can i clean the lcd screen and how i CAN NOT! the same as for the lense!.
Another thing talking about the lens, does the lens have a preotection glass?

Hope u can give me some cleaning tips!

sorry about my english
:( :(

Use a soft brush on the camera body, a soft cloth for the LCD, and a lens cleaning cloth for the lens.

There are liquids specifically designed for cleaning LCD's and lenses. I tyipically only use a soft, damp, cloth for the LCD and a dry lens cloth for the lens.

Do not use chemicals other than those specifically for leaning LCD's and lenses.

CanonManiac
10-21-2004, 08:28 AM
thanks George for the advice!!!

Alnath
10-21-2004, 09:09 AM
I use a soft cloth and my breath for the TFT and the same for the lens but with the addition of a soft lipstick brush to remove any fibers. I hate having to do it i must be honest.

Rhys
10-21-2004, 10:24 AM
I use my breath and a handkerchief to clean the LCD and the lens. I always have - even when I was doing 35mm photography. It works as long as your handkerchief is not over-used and as long as it's a soft cotton.