PDA

View Full Version : pics look pink or purple

DigiDunce
10-20-2004, 02:22 PM
I have an older compact vhs with digital camera combo unit. It is a JVC GR-AXM700U. This question is about the digital camera part only.

When I take a picture, everything appears to be ok. Even in the LCD monitor. But, when I transfer to the computer, all pics look like they have a pink or purple film over them. Picture Navigator (I think a JVC product) is the transfer program from camera to computer.

If you look at the pics below=-==even the focus seems to be off or my TV really bad. I have looked at other folks pics which include the same type of TV pic and theirs shows up nice.

Of course, I am a dunce with the camera and no pro. But I figured with the auto=lock feature I should be able to take little better pics.---LOL

To see an example you can go to :To see an example click here ! (http://www.webnetincome.com/test/dishnetwork.htm)

I think that pic, I actually tried to take out some pink or purple with editing. It is pic on right in white and black background.

I could show other pics that are worse.

I have tried many settings. This is used with the auto-lock feature on and should be to factory settings I think.

I havent taken many pics at all with the camera. I used the video part for couple of years and only an occassional pic. But now, I need to use it on regular basis.

Just wondering if any of you have had a similiar problem before?

I would like for the camera part to work as this camera was over $1000 when new. Hate to have to just get another one . But I am considering it at this point.

Thanks

Rhys
10-20-2004, 06:09 PM
are these photos taken under flourescent light?

DigiDunce
10-21-2004, 07:30 AM
Nah, just 75w soft white light bulbs, but there is no light fixture(cover) over them. There is actually a lot of light in the room. But you got me to thinking with your answer...

I have noticed this before but shrugged it off until now ! I have looked into the front of the lense before and could swear that I was seeing a pink or purple film.. Got the camera outside and looked at it real good. I swear there is a pink or purple film in between the lense or something. :mad:

If you have ever seen two peices of glass laid on top of each other with water between them, then that is kinda what the lense looks like.. It doesn't cover entire lense, the outer edges dont seem to have it. But more than enough to take up entire picture.

Don't know a possible cause for this??????

It also is not perfectly round and is shaped like water on the edge of a lakeshore or something. I swear I don't thing anything has ever been spilled on the camera. Spent too much time in the camera bag.. LOL

Thanks for getting me to thinking about it more.

Guess gonna have to get the lense clean.. Now, if I only could figure out how to get them off__ :confused:

Well, guess I will have to take it to someone. :eek:

Oh, I did take some more pics while outside too.

In case you are curious, I posted to my website. I am redoing it. So nothing else really there at the moment.

More pic here just taken! (http://www.webnetincome.com/test/id19.htm)

I also swear the grass and trees are really green. :p

Whew, I was starting to worry bout my eyes!!!

Thanks

Rhys
10-21-2004, 09:17 AM
Well, it does look like either a faulty camera or the white balance is wrong. Can you set the white balance to auto or to daylight and then take another picture outside?

DigiDunce
10-21-2004, 03:23 PM
Ok, I put the MWB (manual white balance) button in auto--it was not in other pics --but camera was in auto lock mode.

Everything is in auto now---MWB, focus, exposure.

I still don't think these are quality pics for a $1000 camera. Not even for a $50 camera..LOL

Now, this camera was purchased when they just started adding digital still capabilities with the video cameras on a regular basis. It was one of the only ones I saw available at the time.. I think it was 1998 or so.

This camera has been used rarely until recently.

I don't think the settings helped much.

I believe you are right about the faulty camera or lens.

Strange thing though, the video seems to come out ok. Taken through the same lense. Maybe I need to go and look at some of the past videos. I did at one time take a few videos when daughter was big into twirling competition.

I put some of the pics with the white balance in auto like you said---they are in the left boarder at the website . You can see the pics here! Look to left side of page (http://www.webnetincome.com/test/id19.htm)

Thanks again