PDA

View Full Version : DSC-P10 weird symbol on display

Davidn
01-26-2006, 05:49 PM
My DSC P10 has started showing a weird symbol, essentially a cross inside a circle inside a recatangular box on the bottomleft of the display screen. It shows when shooting and reviewing. It also shows on the tv when I view photos there. When moving to the next picture or when turning the camera on, it takes a second or two to appear.

I have combed the manual for clues without success. Any ideas?

aldouse
01-26-2006, 11:41 PM
could you post a picture of the icon?

try to perform a camera reset. either there's a "reset tab" somewhere on the body, or the "initialize" function in the camera's menu system. if this works, then its just a setting that was changed on the camera somewhere along the road.

Davidn
01-29-2006, 03:00 PM
Sorry, I can't easily post a picture of the icon as I need to take a photo of the icon to post it. It doesn't actually show up in the photos when they are saved. Just everywhere else. I need a second camera to take a photo of the display of the first!

It could be a setting changed on the road but two things make me doubt it: 1) I consider myself a competent reader of technical manuals and I can't find this in the manual - could be a problem with me or the manual of course 2) my daughter was using the camera and changing settings is not something she is likely to do nor recalls doing. She limits herself to aiming and shooting. Still I can try the reset to factory defaults and see what happens. Will post the results tonight.