PDA

View Full Version : Connecting the FZ20 to a telescope?

HawkeyeLonewolf
10-19-2004, 04:49 PM
Has anyone done this with the FZ10/FZ20. I keep finding the part for the telescope, but it says I need a T-Mount specific for my camera. Any ideas where to locate one of these?

judge9847
10-20-2004, 03:55 AM
Has anyone done this with the FZ10/FZ20. I keep finding the part for the telescope, but it says I need a T-Mount specific for my camera. Any ideas where to locate one of these?
The answer to your question is on the forum - somewhere! John Reed posted a link but I can't find it right now.

However, I did want to say to you that attaching a camera like the FZ20 to a telescope (I assume you want to go digiscoping) may not be the best idea. It is a big camera and strapping it on to something is almost bound to put some serious strains and stresses on to the lens mountings.

I reckon it's one of those things that can be done but there's no real reason why it should be. As far as I've ever been able to determine from doing some research (I have an FZ10) is that the digiscoping gurus do not recommend using a camera with greater than 3x optical zoom. It seems that the quality of the photos is seriously reduced and vignetting is a massive problem with zooms beyond the 3x.

Hope that helps a bit and if I can find the link I'll edit this post later.