PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Action Shots

langtry
01-25-2006, 10:48 AM
I just purchased a Nikon D50 and am novice, and want to take action shots at my daughter's Bball game. I have a Nikkor 55-200 lens, and Nikon SB-600 flash attachement. Should I use flash attachement? What settings are recommended? Aperture mode vs. Shutter mode, ISO,. I got very few good shots using the Aperture mode with 1600 ISO, continuous focus. When I used the Shutter mode many were blurry. What Focus selection is best to use - single, dynamic, or closest? Any advice would be appreciated.

Ray Schnoor
01-25-2006, 11:22 AM
I just purchased a Nikon D50 and am novice, and want to take action shots at my daughter's Bball game. I have a Nikkor 55-200 lens, and Nikon SB-600 flash attachement. Should I use flash attachement? What settings are recommended? Aperture mode vs. Shutter mode, ISO,. I got very few good shots using the Aperture mode with 1600 ISO, continuous focus. When I used the Shutter mode many were blurry. What Focus selection is best to use - single, dynamic, or closest? Any advice would be appreciated.
You would probably have better results without using the flash, set the camera on shutter priority with a shutter speed no slower than 1/200 sec. Then set the ISO to give you an acceptable exposure.

I'm guessing that most of your blurry photos are because the shutter speed was at 1/60 sec with the flash.