PDA

View Full Version : Questions for Z750 Owners

brivers
01-23-2006, 03:54 PM
I'm thinking of buying a Z750 and had a couple of questions. I've been reading reviews of the Z750 and most of them say that it has a weak flash and the LCD is hard to see in low light.

Are these big issues, or are they exaggerated in the reviews?

If you broke your Z750 to the point that you had to buy a replacement, would you buy another one, or something different?

Thanks for any help!

thanatos
02-14-2006, 08:24 PM
I'm thinking of buying a Z750 and had a couple of questions. I've been reading reviews of the Z750 and most of them say that it has a weak flash and the LCD is hard to see in low light.

If you broke your Z750 to the point that you had to buy a replacement, would you buy another one, or something different?

Thanks for any help!

I have had a z-750 for about 6 months and it is brilliant for a subcompact. In reference to the two issues you mention; firstly the flash; it is as good as any other similar sized camera (Pretty poor) but if you want a better flash buy a larger camera. Most indoor work these cameras do is parties etc and you can set the ISO to 400 to partially fix the flash problem. So in conclusion unless you need this camera to to take portraits indoors in low light then the flash is not an issue. Secondly the LCD is hard to see in bright light, but this is also common with nearly all camera LCDs; one bonus is that this camera has a small optical viewfinder which is quite rare in this class of camera. I believe the Z-750 has outstanding all round features combined with the excellent MPEG4 movie ability and manual controls, make this camera is the best in its class.

chetp
03-06-2006, 12:05 PM
As far as the flash problem goes, Casio seems to have fixed this on the Z850, the replacement for the Z750. The press release from PMA 2006 (http://www.dcresource.com/news/newsitem.php?id=3278), contains almost a paragraph just on the flash (including a new "High Power" mode, which should give you all the flash anyone could want, but probably long recharge times to go along with it), so it seems they set out to improve this on the Z850.

sheppy124
03-07-2006, 05:35 AM

Thanks for any help!

Yep would def replace if I broke it. especially since the z850 has just been released, the price will drop even more. Though will look at getting the z850 maybe next year IF it turns out they have made it better than the z750. Love the casio range, was a canon man, canon no more. Not had any problems with mine and any lcd screen is hard to see in bright sunlight, it does have viewfinder (though small). If you have the money wait awhile for the reviews of z850. The only bad thing about the camera is the software you get with it is awful,

sky r e d u x
03-13-2006, 09:31 AM
I have another simple question, does the screen scratch easily? I am planning on keeping the camera in my pocket, and am wondering if screen proctectors are necessary. Thanks!

Oh, and how much space does the 640x480 video take up? I'm debating between getting a 1GB or 2GB SD card.

junebug630
03-30-2006, 05:18 PM
I have a 1GB sd card and I believe it will hold about 27-29 minutes on the highest setting.