PDA

View Full Version : need help with blurry pictures at full zoom

eureka07
10-18-2004, 05:22 PM
have fz20 image stablization set on 2. my pictures on higher zoom to full zoom are blurry. i took some on auto focus, and some on sports mode. :confused: need help.

genece
10-18-2004, 06:53 PM
Try spot focus and turn continuous autofocus off.
See if that helps any.
You must try to hold the camera still at high power zoom, IS helps but you must help it.
Keep trying you will get it.

judge9847
10-19-2004, 02:26 AM
have fz20 image stablization set on 2. my pictures on higher zoom to full zoom are blurry. i took some on auto focus, and some on sports mode. :confused: need help.
I have an FZ10. If you are using your camera on a tripod or a monopod, turn the IS off. The camera appears (and I'm stressing "appears") to want to stablise everything if IS is switched on in either mode and of course, when it's supported in some way, it shouldn't really be needed. With IS switched on the camera almost automatically seems to want to make allowances for movements and does so with the result that a lot of images, including even subjects with very slight movement (wading birds etc.) appear "blurry".

I have experimented with it and from what I've been able to see for myself, the general idea I've come up with is not to use IS at all unless you really do feel you need to and then, not to use it at all if the camera is on a tripod or something where it is solidly stabilized in the first place.

It's a difficult thing for me to prove because it's almost impossible to take the same photo twice so I've had to generalise and look at photos that I've taken with IS on and off at different times. But I have found that I can improve the clarity of the images the FZ10 delivers by making sure I have IS on only when I would expect to use it.

Just my way of doing it and it seems to work for me. Hope that it helps you.