PDA

View Full Version : Casiorepairs.com praise

titaniumw41
01-17-2006, 03:22 PM
My sister got rather drunk on christmas and was using my camera (a casio ex-z50) to document the occasion. Well, after a bit, she gave me back the camera which was non-functional and slurred out that she may have dropped it. After charging the battery I tried the camera again, and still no go. So I decided to take it apart and see what the problem was. I got the cover off and realized I have no idea what I am doing, so I put the camera back together and starting looking on the internet for someone to repair it. I found casiorepairs.com on a google search and started looking the feedback. There wasn't much except for this forum, which wasn't very reassuring. So I emailed Tim Cason (casiorepairs.com) about the problem and told me it would cost $138 to fix and that if I told him when I was going to send it he would have the parts. It sounded a little fishy but the more I thought about it the more I realized that: 1. My camera is dead and I can't fix it. 2. New cameras that are comprable cost more than $138. 3. If he takes my check and my camera and I never hear anything, I'll call the bank and the cops. So, I sent it out the week between Christmas and New Years. He e-mailed me when he got it (1/10/06 which isn't bad with the hoildays and the fact that I am in Ohio and he is in California). He sent me another e-mail 1/13/2006 saying that he had fixed it and it was in the mail. I got it back today (1/17/2006) and it worked as good as ever. So I am very happy with the results and have no complaints. I even get to take it skiing with me next week to Colorado (which I didn't think would happen).

Yes, this is my first post because I have never had a previous problem with my camera, nor do I follow photography that close. I figured that since I am sure others have broken casio cameras they should know that casiorepairs.com does do great work. I also figured that since there is so much disbelief (myself included at first) that I would try it and see what happens. I had good results and I am sure you will too. What else are you going to do with a broken casio? Eat it?

Michael

Chris Esch
01-18-2006, 04:02 PM
Same with me, he needs to stated that he accepts paypal though since paypal is guaranteed. he fixed my qv-3000 which i never thought was going to work again and i have had sitting in my closet for 4 years and i had it back very fast and even sent me a video of it working and pics before i paid him via paypal! i highly reccomend!