PDA

View Full Version : Problems importing pics into a mac?

Potts92
10-18-2004, 11:58 AM
Hello Oly users,

I read somewhere (steve's forum), one of the many post I have read, that some Oly users have had difficulties importing pics into a mac, I use a mac- safari 10.3.5. Have other mac users had this problem?

i am really interested in the c765/770. thanks for the feedback

thanks for your input

John_Reed
10-18-2004, 02:23 PM
Hello Oly users,

I read somewhere (steve's forum), one of the many post I have read, that some Oly users have had difficulties importing pics into a mac, I use a mac- safari 10.3.5. Have other mac users had this problem?

thanks for your inputI'd be surprised about this, as I thought that anything with a USB port was Mac OS X compatible. Incidentally, Safari doesn't have much to do with importing photos. For my Mac, iPhoto4 is the program that carries the importing task. As long as you can see the xD card on your desktop, there'll be a way to download photos, I assure you. However, if failure to download from the camera directly does rear its ugly head as an issue, you can always fall back to an xD-compatible card reader, such as those touted by Sandisk on this (http://www.dpreview.com/news/0409/04092803sandisk_3readers.asp) page. Don't let it be a stopper for buying and enjoying your camera! :o

nellybly
10-19-2004, 07:17 AM
Hello Oly users,

thanks for your input

I've used 3 Oly's, and one Pentax with Macs, and have never had a problem importing pictures.
HTH,
NB