PDA

View Full Version : Canon Powershot S1 IS or Panasonic FZ3

shrusha
10-18-2004, 10:27 AM
Hello,

This is my first time posting. I need your advice and help. I have narrowed down to two of my choice of which one to buy. Please help me out here.

to start with, earlier I had Sony DSC P72 model and had bad experience with it. the camera is good but the time it takes to capture the next picture while using the flash is around 2 to 3 seconds and it is terrible. I was not happy at all.
Now I want to buy a good camera wherein I want the time taken between shots to be less while using the flash this is one of my big necessity.

after going thru lot of cameras i have narrowed down to two.
1) Canon Powershot S1 IS and
2) Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ3

please help me in choosing the right one.

the good thing about Canon S1 IS is it is using AA battery and Panasonic uses Info Lithium battery. How is the speed in writing to the memory for both the camera?

The Panasonic FZ3 uses the info-lithium battery. How much the spare
info-lithum battery would cost? when compared to AA and Info-lithum, I have read that AA battery lasts longer on one charge? How frequent the Info-lithum needs to be recharged ?
Can you (the experts), please guide me which one to buy with.

Thanks for your help,
Regards
Shrusha.

Jeff Keller
10-18-2004, 10:28 AM
Please do not create multiple threads asking the same question! I'm closing this one so respond here (http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1630) instead.