PDA

View Full Version : Olympus C-3000Z

kaz
10-18-2004, 08:44 AM
Hi
I have been using my Olympus C-3000 for 4-5 years and have loved it. It has definitely gotten a lot of use and taken some fantastic photos.
Recently I have noticed an extreme change in the contrast. Mainly in outdoor shots with sunlight. The light areas are totally blasted with light no image at all sometimes and shadow areas very dark no detail.
Some pictures I took this weekend outside, under trees, sun was out but no direct light were completely washed out areas went to white.
Also the detail was icredible when I first start using camera and now seems lacking. It's like the camera has lost it's range.
Is it the camera or me?
If I set the camera to reset after I turn it on and off does it bring me back to the original factory settings or do certain settings over-ride this?
Do digital cameras have a life span?

Please HELP Thanks
Kaz

Toggie
10-23-2004, 11:00 PM
I have had the same camera for about the same amount of time with no problems... it's been a great camera.

dr150
11-09-2004, 01:13 PM
I've had the camera since it came out--with amazing pics over the years. I also recently got washed out colors in extreme contrats areas whereas before it never happened.

I have to be fair in my comments though b/c my camera fell recently twice in ONE vacation this summer (where for years I never dropped it!). These drops could be the cause.

I haven't had a chance to fully meat this problem out as it has taken good pics (but withhot pixels which I may attribute to the fall). All I know is that in Yosemite, my pics came out exactly as you described.

Time for a new camera for me....and maybe you too.....prolly a 5060WZ ;)