PDA

View Full Version : QV-R40 Damaged Lens?

Macesdad
01-13-2006, 04:15 AM
I have a QV-R40 camera that has been an awesome performer up until recently. Everything appears to work fine except that the pictures are all scrambled. I can view photos that are already in the camera or on the memory card on the LCD screen and they are fine. But I cannot take new ones without them being scrambled. I can veiw everything in the menus and they are fine, but the actual image that you would see through the camera is scrambled. Is this something that is repairable at a decent cost?:cool:

gvidalis
05-11-2006, 07:12 AM
Hi,
What exactly do you meen "scrambled"
I also phase an odd situation with my Casio QV-R40.
Suddenly, after three years of problems-free operation, some of the shots
are "overexposed".

This happens in landscape modes when lens is all wide (1x) ; with some
zooming on (2x , 3x, digital zoom ) the exposure is fine !!.
Overexposure also happens in Macro mode - regardless of zoom this time.

:confused:

tomi
08-06-2006, 02:31 PM
Hi,
I also phase an odd situation with my Casio QV-R40.
Suddenly, after three years of problems-free operation, some of the shots are "overexposed".

This happens in landscape modes when lens is all wide (1x) ; with some
zooming on (2x , 3x, digital zoom ) the exposure is fine !!.
Overexposure also happens in Macro mode - regardless of zoom this time.
I have the exact same problem. I just discovered it today. Anyone else? Solutions?

tomi
08-26-2006, 11:37 AM
Follow-up: I sent the camera to Casio Service to be evaluated. They quoted me $125 to repair it and never told me what was wrong with it. (This is for a camera that cost less than $200 dollars in the first place.) They also wanted me to pay shipping for them to return the camera to me, even if I opted not to have them repair it. In other words, they have my camera and I have to pay to get it back. And they tried to sell me a refurb of another model in lieu of having mine repaired. All of this is less than confidence-inspiring. I told them to keep the camera. I imagine that at this moment they are refurbing it to sell to another sucker.

I will never purchase another Casio camera.