PDA

View Full Version : A&M Photo World

LStoner
10-17-2004, 07:48 PM
Hi there. Anyone ever heard of or dealt with A&M Photo World? Saw a great price on a Pan FZ20 there. Thought I'd check with all of you first. Thanks.

-Lee Ann

Jeff Keller
10-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Hi there. Anyone ever heard of or dealt with A&M Photo World? Saw a great price on a Pan FZ20 there. Thought I'd check with all of you first. Thanks.

-Lee Ann

They're a great place to get ripped off, that's for sure:

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1988.html

jasonhe
10-21-2004, 09:59 AM

-Lee Ann

A & M Photo World actually gives you the product but not the supplies that the manufacturer says comes with it. If you actually buy all the other accesorries that are supposed to be included, you'd be paying a lot more. People say that A & M Photo World isn't reliable, either. I don't recommend trying it, and I haven't tried it either -- I read tons of reviews and most people said it isn't reliable.

mlkyzer
11-15-2004, 01:03 PM
They lied to me about the availability of the camera I wanted, pushed out the backorder date twice (3 weeks each time) and never notified me, and the customer no-service rep refused to let me speak to a manager. He told me to "stop bullying" him and then hung up on me. AVOID THESE LOSERS LIKE THE PLAGUE!!!

tkuhne
04-12-2005, 12:27 PM
These guys are a bunch of con artist! I shopped online for a new Sony camcorder. Most of the discount prices are around $500 - $550 for the model I was looking for. Their price was $400, I should have know it was a scam. I ordered the camera. The next day I get a call to “confirm my order”. The sales guy proceeds to tell me that I purchased the camera only and if I wanted to get the actual retail package with the battery and accessories I’d have to pay $650!
I was so irate that I tried to cancel my order, he lowered the price to $539, which was pretty competitive with others but I was still pissed off so I tried to cancel my order. He tells me that I can but that they will charge me a $50 fee since I already placed my order… not thinking I just told him to go ahead and send me the camera for $539.
Afterwards, I realized that they probably couldn’t charge my card until the item was shipped and that I probably could have argued the $50 fee.
Buyer be warned A&M Photo World are a bunch of crooks!!

da_rey
04-14-2005, 10:10 AM
As everyone else says, these people are scam artists. I didn't buy their BS but they are good at it. Must be an art to them. My compaint is the axact same as the others. Before they hung-up on me: Terrible customer service. Prices are more than on the website. Trying to push (not sell) items that I don't need that would've run my bill up $400 more than I planned when I first saw their website. Don't shop at this store. See more in detail at: http://www.resellerratings.com/seller1988.html

Can't even rate a 1 on a scale from 1 to 10. That says a lot!!!

aliaesemail
09-18-2006, 06:46 PM
ABSOLUTELY CROOKS. LIED ABOUT PRICE, WARRANTY. Standard MO is place order, confirm everything, then they will call you in a few days to confirm shipment. This is when they get a salesman to upsell you and exactly opposite of what they told you previously. They shipped gray market stuff at US warranty prices and take out all accessores and sell to you separately.

Here is their FEDEX account number 246471436. Use it to send back their crap, send bricks, send heavy junk and let them know they are crooks. FYI here's the big corporation you are really dealing with: http://donwiss.com/pictures/BrooklynStores/h0049.htm

Help spread the word so fewer victims will be ripped off by them.

good luck and don't trust them. FYI - even their links to reseller ratings are all their own - filled with fake reviews and ratings. Funny how all their highly rated websites are all based in "brooklyn, ny" with no mailing address....

ktixx
09-25-2006, 09:04 AM

-Lee Ann

http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=14677

I know you already got your answer, but next time review the threads. If you had done that you would see that in the link above #15, #16 & #17 of "The Bad" column are all A&M Photo world (or part of it).
Ken