PDA

View Full Version : Indoor Film Sports Photography

narcolepticmonkey
01-11-2006, 11:28 AM
Ok so this weekend i am traveling with my highschool basketball team on a tournament and because the only digital camera i can get hold of are ones that in my opinion are too simple and they dont have manual controls and the ISO only goes up to 400 and in gyms u need atleast 800 so i have not takealot of sports shots using film and i am a little scared that im doing something wrong ill be using my nikon n65 with the standard 28-90mm F3.5-5.6 High Speed Auto Focus Lens and a 75-300 lens that i think is 3.5-8 i cant remeber that one but its a tamron can anyone give me advice for taking shots and techniques and various other tips for using film cause i have been out of the loop for about two years and im just getting back i would really appreciate it

Chucko
01-11-2006, 03:25 PM
Uh, this is a digital camera forum.

I have a couple of suggestions:

1. Ask your questions at a forum that deals with both film and digital, for instance the Fred Miranda forum (http://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/), which has an active sports photography contingent;

2. Get a Nikon DSLR to use your lenses with, and forget all about the ISO 400 limitation of crappy P&S cameras.

Unfortunately indoor sports photography is one of those pursuits where the equipment does really matter. Fast lenses are a must, and it sounds like yours are going to come up short, even at ISO 800. So don't expect miracles.

Sorry to rain on your parade.

narcolepticmonkey
01-11-2006, 03:37 PM
wow ha i toldly forgot i usually just post here dealing with digital camera questions and info but since i was going to go back to film for this one shoot and i was kinda getting desperate sorry again

I am trying to get my hands on a d50 but dont have the money yet