PDA

View Full Version : PowerShot Pro1 vs Nikon 8800

vtulai
10-16-2004, 10:36 PM
I am planning to upgrade my digital camera soon and I am thinking about either getting the PowerShot Pro1 or the Nikon Coolpix 8800. I excluded the DSLRs both because of price and weight (including the extra lenses) and these two are the smaller/lighter ones from the SLR-like category.

I have read several reviews on these cameras and they have both pros and cons - very hard to make a decision. I could probably get the Canon $200 cheaper than the Nikon - my question is: is the Nikon worth the difference and if so then why.

Thanks.

D70FAN
10-17-2004, 02:04 PM
I am planning to upgrade my digital camera soon and I am thinking about either getting the PowerShot Pro1 or the Nikon Coolpix 8800. I excluded the DSLRs both because of price and weight (including the extra lenses) and these two are the smaller/lighter ones from the SLR-like category.

I have read several reviews on these cameras and they have both pros and cons - very hard to make a decision. I could probably get the Canon $200 cheaper than the Nikon - my question is: is the Nikon worth the difference and if so then why.

Thanks.

Yes the Nikon is worth the difference if for no other reason than having VR (Vibration Reduction or image stabilization).