PDA

View Full Version : Fasion Photography

Sock
01-10-2006, 03:25 AM
I was wondering if anyboy has any experience with fasion photography and portraiture, and if they could tell me if a Full-frame CMOS sensor is required?

I'm looking at buying a dslr and was wondering which would be best for a course in fasion photography the canon D20 or the D5?

Jim A
01-23-2006, 02:59 PM
right now I have to say I love my canon 20d, I have had great luck with doing all types of glamour work with it

D70FAN
01-23-2006, 03:14 PM
Not sure about fasion photography, but fashion photography doesn't require a full-frame dSLR, but may require a digital back or medium format film. Studios seem to be gravitating to Leaf and Phase-One digital backs for their medium format cameras.

Sock
01-24-2006, 05:09 PM
Not sure about fasion photography, but fashion photography doesn't require a full-frame dSLR, but may require a digital back or medium format film. Studios seem to be gravitating to Leaf and Phase-One digital backs for their medium format cameras.

I probably should have explained that its just for building my portfolio in order to get a place on the degree, not for selling pictures or working in house.

I had heard that the cropping on an APS format camera would increase DOF.

but I've read up on it a bit and it shouldn't be a problem with the proper lens.

:)