PDA

View Full Version : Pentax ist D2 photo sample

Shortpant
01-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Here is some sample:* i am not a professional photographer :o
My two kids
Pentax ist D2 in Auto Pic.Mode, with SMCP-40mm F2.8 Limited. Shoot after pre-flash in very low light.
Pentax ist D2 in Auto Pic.Mode, with SMCP-40 F2.8mm Limited, with build in flash

astro
01-08-2006, 06:10 AM
wow the second one is really sharp. I think you didn't save the first one right, so it's blurry.

Thanks for the pics anyways... btw, get an external flash :cool:

MatH
01-10-2006, 05:41 AM
Is it out yet?? I don't think it was supposed to be released before march this year

WightWalker
01-10-2006, 10:23 AM
wow the second one is really sharp. I think you didn't save the first one right, so it's blurry.

Thanks for the pics anyways... btw, get an external flash :cool:
I don't think the image is 'out of focus' merely that the focus is on the girl.

Also, Shortpant did say that that he wasn't a professional & is clearly pleased with his results - that's what taking pictures is all about.

I've tweaked the image (already reduced so limited success) in PS by adjusting the histogram to increase the brightness, then highlights & shadows to provide a slightly better (my personal choice) balance & finally using USM to improve the sharpness; as we know, dSRLs leave that to the end user.

MatH
01-11-2006, 03:04 AM
You had me there for a moment but...
Acording to exif data your camera is Pentax *Ist DS2 and not D2

astro
01-11-2006, 09:35 PM
I don't think the image is 'out of focus' merely that the focus is on the girl.

Also, Shortpant did say that that he wasn't a professional & is clearly pleased with his results - that's what taking pictures is all about.

I've tweaked the image (already reduced so limited success) in PS by adjusting the histogram to increase the brightness, then highlights & shadows to provide a slightly better (my personal choice) balance & finally using USM to improve the sharpness; as we know, dSRLs leave that to the end user.

You misread what I said. I didn't say it was out of focus, but instead, I said it was just saved wrong, or post-processed wrong. The lost of detail seems to be due to a poor resizing algorithm, or a poor jpg processing algorithm.
I don't know about you, but I see pixelation and blocky artifacts all over that picture. That is not a property of the camera, but a property of computer software processing.
I may recommend a new monitor if you do not see the artifacts.

Shortpant
01-11-2006, 10:37 PM
Wightwalker you are right I tryed to focus on my daughter by use 11 point select AF , moved the 4 way dial. In the room is very dark. the picture was not bad at all, I printed it with Epson photomate it look very good.
here the problem: I am not a professional photographer. I don't know how to use the camera yet and also the software, i resize picture and ruined it. Wightwalker two thumb up for you, you fixed that photo and made it look great.
Yes , Math you are right My Camera is Pentax ist DS2 it is not istD2.:o
Wow! Wow ! wow!:) SMCP-FA77mm F1.8 limited I receive this lens today and I try it ,all I want to say is amazing good ! Again thank you very much astro !
I will share photo with you all soon and with 16-45mm also. , this coming 3 day off !
Thanks you all very much !!!
This time I will try my best.

WightWalker
01-12-2006, 07:54 AM
You misread what I said. I didn't say it was out of focus, but instead, I said it was just saved wrong, or post-processed wrong.

I may recommend a new monitor if you do not see the artifacts.
Yes, it wasn't explained too well; I thought that you were referring to the point of focus - I can clearly see the artifact, so I think I'll just hang on to my monitor for the time being.

i resize picture and ruined it.
I use DCE AutoEnhance v2-1 from MediaChance http://www.mediachance.com/dce/ to resize using the Lanczose 3 algorithm which I believe produces the sharpest images when resized for web publishing.

If your budget will stretch to Adobe Phoshop CS2, then resizing using Bicubic Sharper will produce good results.

Jasc PaintShopPro resize using Smart Size also produces good results.

The attached image of one of our two Golden Persians (Henrie) shows the difference between the image 'staright out of the camera' which is quite soft (some might even suggest out of focus) & once it's been 'Post Processed' to bring out the detail - remember, dSRLs leave much more to the photographer than 'Point & Shoot' cameras.

The Post Processed image final size was 1300 x 1027 1MByte reduced using DCE Enhance to 700 x 553 94kByte which still manages to retain a fair amount of detail.

Shortpant
01-29-2006, 08:28 PM
Here is my picture of SMCP-16-45mm
And FA 77mm limited
It will take me while to learn to use the software !!! resize and so on .....
I love this Camera. All of the pictures the print came out pretty good.
I never ever be able to take pictures this good before. Thanks.

astro
01-30-2006, 03:03 AM
Great pics, Now all you need is a great bounce flash.