PDA

View Full Version : Rare sound in canon a95

CanonManiac
10-15-2004, 12:04 PM
Hi everyone i finally bought canon a95 its my first digital camera. So i have a question, when i have the camera on and moving it to take same pictures sometimes i hear a little sound, its sounds similar to a hard drive when reading but lot lower and shorter... is this cause by the cf card? or its a mechanical problem??or perhaps its sounds like when zooming but im not touching the zoom!!!
is this normal??

D70FAN
10-15-2004, 12:53 PM
Hi everyone i finally bought canon a95 its my first digital camera. So i have a question, when i have the camera on and moving it to take same pictures sometimes i hear a little sound, its sounds similar to a hard drive when reading but lot lower and shorter... is this cause by the cf card? or its a mechanical problem??or perhaps its sounds like when zooming but im not touching the zoom!!!
is this normal??

You are probably hearing the camera trying to continually autofocus. I'm not sure if you can (or would want to) disable that function on the A95.

CanonManiac
10-17-2004, 07:20 PM
and theres also some noise when using the camera menus (its not from the camera speaker) is this normal?