PDA

View Full Version : Shooting while in driving car

meng-chieh
10-15-2004, 10:05 AM
Yesterday I happened to be in a car that drove by this farm filled with horses. I wanted to take some pictures, but all the results came out bad due to motion blur (the car was moving past the farm at 60-70 KPH). SHould I have panned with the horses? (btw, my shutter was set to 1/120 or something, with a large aperture, and it was a bright and sunny day).

Nytmair
10-21-2004, 03:42 PM
i've taken pictures going about 50-60 wish a shutter speed of 1/2000th or so and it's come out great... on a bright day you should be able to make your shutter speed MUCH faster than 1/120...

Rhys
10-21-2004, 03:54 PM
and from a car, keep the aperture wide open in order to get the fastest shutter speed.

kfuchs
10-21-2004, 06:16 PM
the less apature is messured in F# right? and also the less of that the faster the shutter? im asking cause i need to know wat affects the shutter speed and wat affects the speed of when i press the button to take a pic to the time it takes the pic?

Nytmair
10-25-2004, 09:52 AM
lower f# = bigger aperture = more light... this is why with a lower f/stop you can use a faster shutter speed. With more light being let in, you don't need to have a longer shutter speed in order to get more light.

I hope that was at least kind of clear.... :)

-Dan