PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about purchasing a Casio Exilim EX-S600 from the net

The1NamedMarc
01-04-2006, 10:40 PM
Has anyone purchased one of these online? I was going to buy one off of a website but it's probably the Import Model. Does that mean the actual words on the camera will be in a foreign language? (As well as the instructions?) What can I expect if I buy one of these?

Also, is it expected that the US model will be any different from others? Thanks.

iakonafuji
01-06-2006, 02:56 AM
If anything, like many cameras, you can adjust the language in which it displays in the menu.

BrianNewell
01-08-2006, 08:30 AM
Hey The1,

I had the same concerns but took the plunge and bought one on eBay. I made sure to find one that specifically said it carried the "Manufacturer Warranty".

It came brand new in the English box with manual. When you first plug-in the camera it will ask you to select a language (English default). No problems at all. I love the camera - it's awesome!

FYI: Here is who I bought mine from http://stores.ebay.com/D-R-Wholesale

Kind Regards,
Brian

ReF
01-09-2006, 03:24 AM
Hey The1,

I had the same concerns but took the plunge and bought one on eBay. I made sure to find one that specifically said it carried the "Manufacturer Warranty".

It came brand new in the English box with manual. When you first plug-in the camera it will ask you to select a language (English default). No problems at all. I love the camera - it's awesome!

FYI: Here is who I bought mine from http://stores.ebay.com/D-R-Wholesale

Kind Regards,
Brian

would you happen to be the brian newell who is featured in one of krenov's books?

BrianNewell
01-09-2006, 10:52 AM
No relationship

iakonafuji
01-11-2006, 01:17 AM
Yeah i bought mine on ebay, but from x1387. What a coincidence, I was going to buy from D&R, as they are in CA and shipping would be fast..however..they charged tax, and I figured I'd rather wait it out instead of paying 35-40$ extraya know?

PinkHappy
01-25-2006, 08:17 PM
I just bought mine from TechToysForLess.com. Came with an English manual and everything. I ordered on Sunday night and received it today (Wednesday afternoon). :)

mphibian
01-28-2006, 09:18 PM
are casio cameras good in general?

i am sold on the size and mpeg4 video recording capabilities of this camera but so far, none of the reviewes actually commend it for picture quality...

is it any good?

MaStEr 0f IlLuSi0nS
02-03-2006, 07:31 AM
I bought one on eBay, best thing ever happened to me before my girlfriend drop the camera :o

All in all, excellent camera, personaly i found no flaws on it. And if you buy a few filters and lenses kit you will have some fun with it.

soyntbttr
02-04-2006, 09:04 PM
Hey all, new here, but been reading the reviews, etc. for a while now. Anyway, the S600 looks pretty sweet, I'd really like to get my hands on the blue one. As a few members already suggested, it looks like so long as you check the manufacturer's warranty info and set the language right, it should be fine to purchase online at this time. I think it comes out on B&H and other places sometime in March for around $350. As for Casio quality, I gotta say I've had no prob w/it at all. Started with the old EX-S2 and more recently the EX-110, and the best thing about Casios are their battery life. Just can't beat it. Really jealous of those of you who have S600!! :)