PDA

View Full Version : Adapter for screw mount lenses

pjdemmitt
01-04-2006, 07:49 AM
Does anyone know where to get the adapters that allow screw mount lenses to work with the istDS and how much they cost? I don't even know what they are called, so any help would be appreciated.

I got my istDS about a year ago and really like it; it is taking some getting used to as far as aperture priory/shutter priority is concerned, but I am slowly getting it.

Thanks for any inforamation anyone can provide.

Paul
Columbia, MD

astro
01-04-2006, 10:13 AM
M42 to K-mount adapter
It costs around $10. I got mine at www.bhphotovideo.com

pjdemmitt
01-04-2006, 11:34 PM
Astro--
Thanks for the info. I just ordered two of them; but they are now $15.00.
Paul

pjdemmitt
01-04-2006, 11:41 PM
M42 to K-mount adapter
It costs around $10. I got mine at www.bhphotovideo.com

Astro,

I just noticed your sig; I also have a Spotmatic and a Spotmatic II and a whole slew of lenses. Before I got the ist DS, I took them on a trip to Ireland two years ago and shot slides. Unfortunately, I didn't have them checked out before I left, so the exposure was a little off. I scanned the slides and corrected them of the computer, and they look as good, if not better, than the digital pictures I have been taking. But I love the Spotmatics; they just feel right. I have had them since brand-new, got them in the early 70's.

Again, thank you for pointing me in the correct direction for the adapters for the old lenses. I look forward to tinkering with them on the ist DS.

Paul

astro
01-05-2006, 04:19 AM
No prob :)
It's often debated that 35mm film are better than even the best DSLR(well except those $20,000 medium format DSLRs).
I love my Takumar lenses.. Mike Johnston at Sunday Morning Photographer said if the Super Multi Coated Takumar 50mm F/1.4 was sold today, it would sell for $1200-1500!
http://www.luminous-landscape.com/columns/sm-02-09-22.shtml