PDA

View Full Version : FZ-10 or FZ-20, opinions?

tc882000
10-14-2004, 11:32 PM
I have a dilemma up here in Canada. First off yes I know I have to pay more up here for some reason. Now my dilemma. I am in a very rural area where I am but have a computer and photo shop local that is great to deal with and want to stay with so no I probably would'nt order out of the US to save a bit of money. I had talked to him about the purchase of FZ-20 some time ago but as of recently he still can't get it even though it is in the photo stores in the major centers. Retail there is $899.00 C$ but he still has two FZ-10's in stock right now for $775.00 C$. My question is is it worth the wait and the $124.00 for one more megapixel and AF assist lamp? Any thoughts? :confused:

Jayde
10-15-2004, 04:18 AM
TC
read my + skyfree reply`s here
http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1514&page=1&pp=10

I have the FZ10 seems that it has he edge over the 20... 4mp vs 5 etc.. using same sensor = noise on 20..
with Z10 as you know, you lose out on new venus 2 fast focus etc etc..
whatcan you live with, pics are v acceptable till you make large prints even then use a noise filter ! < free helicon etc

genece
10-15-2004, 05:48 AM
I do not think it is worth it for the assist light but

For the better focus
Better metering
Faster focus
Continuous burst mode
A much better flash
Some additional controls... I like the scene modes
And the Venus 2 processor

I think it is worth the difference and I like the 1 extra megapixel for more ability to crop.
And I suppose it depends on what you are doing with the photos but I see no more noise in the FZ20 and I own both cameras.
If you view the photos at screen size or print them at 8X10 there is no noise with either camera.
The noise comments are the same comments that were made about the FZ10 a year ago.