PDA

View Full Version : Tele converter 1.5 x or 2.0x

Shortpant
01-02-2006, 01:06 AM
Can any one explain (help) me about tele converter for the lense !
if i have 2.0x converter and my lense is 40mm f/2.8.???
Is my lense going to be 80mmf/5.6 !!!!!!:confused:
What~'s about the image quality ?
Thanks !

WightWalker
01-02-2006, 04:25 AM
Is my lense going to be 80mmf/5.6 !!!!!!:confused:
Thanks !
Yes, both the focal length & aperature value are doubled.

What~'s about the image quality ?
Thanks !
Image quality will suffer - it rather depends upon the quality of the converter.

Converters are useful to carry around when weight & space is a concern but are no real substitute for a prime lens of equivalent focal length.

Ishkabibble
01-02-2006, 04:47 PM
I purchased a KAF 2.0 teleconverter for only $40 in a pawn shop and feel it is a worthy accessory at times. It works well in bright conditions, when you don't own the appropriate prime or telescopic lens. The teleconverter is my last option, but is certainly better than losing the shot.

Image quality suffers if your image has moving objects in it, but shots of still items are fine with a tripod. In short, you are limiting your functionality in many respects, due to the slower performance, but increasing your versility due to the extended range.

jeisner
01-03-2006, 03:09 AM
I use the Tamron 1.4x teleconverter, its a nice little teleconvertor, with less compromise than a 2x converter.. They are just too much of a commpromise for me... Even still with the 1.4x I only use it on decent quality lens...

The Tamron is available fairly cheap at bhphoto...

Here is a review comparing it to the more expensive Sigma EX 1.4x

http://www.prime-junta.net/pont/Reviews/de_TC_vs_TC/a_Tamron_vs_Sigma_1.4x.html?page=2