View Full Version : Newbie Question

10-14-2004, 06:51 PM

Well - I settled on the Olympus 765. I'm reading the manual and learning but I can't figure out - what settings do I use to take pictures quickly if I want to?

I want to decrease the lag between click and shoot if you understand - I know the setting to take pictures in succession.

Thanks all

02-07-2005, 11:45 AM
Well, I don't have the 765, I have the 755 but I understand they are very similar.

With that in mind, I'll fill you in on what I've been able to determine by "just using" my 755. From what I've been able to ascertain, most of the time the camera spends in the "Shutter Lag" is spent auto-focussing. And, from what I've heard, this is an inherent problem with Ultra Zoom cameras in general, not just Olympus ones. So, in order to keep it from spending a lot of time doing auto-focus, I've found that setting focus manually eliminates much of that lag.

In general, the more things you can do manually or during composition, the less the camera has to figure out during that lag. The camera can do everything except focus electronically. The electronic adjustments happen quite quickly, but it has to work the internal lens servos to actually focus, and that is relatively slow.

Hope this helps!