PDA

View Full Version : existing light

D Thompson
12-29-2005, 07:42 PM
My curiosity is acting up tonight, so..................

Condition - available room light (1 had 2x60 watt bulbs in overhead) using no flash.

What settings (iso, av, tv) does it take to get an "properly" exposed image?

btw, I used the Canon thrifty-fifty.

Thanks.

kanderson42
12-29-2005, 08:20 PM
take a picture of it and see...thats why you have a digital camer right?

D Thompson
12-29-2005, 09:45 PM
take a picture of it and see...thats why you have a digital camer right?
Excuse my asking the question in the wrong manner. It should have read "What settings (iso, av, tv) does it take you to get an 'properly' exposed image?"

And yes, I did take several shots with my digital camer.:D

aparmley
12-30-2005, 12:31 AM
I sure love my Digital Camer. Its a wonderufl camer. I think I'd recommend my camer to anyone else interested in buying a camer. Ok well maybe I had too much fun with that one.

I don't know D, how much exterior light are you getting, any windows, no windows, doors, nerfin, is this at night? Whats the deal. . . ?

Oh yea, can I use both eyes or just one?

D Thompson
12-30-2005, 05:01 AM
I sure love my Digital Camer. Its a wonderufl camer. I think I'd recommend my camer to anyone else interested in buying a camer. Ok well maybe I had too much fun with that one.

I don't know D, how much exterior light are you getting, any windows, no windows, doors, nerfin, is this at night? Whats the deal. . . ?

Oh yea, can I use both eyes or just one?
ROTFLMAO.

Let's see, nighttime, walls are painted an eggshell white, ceiling is white, 2 doors (although one is a closet), 1 window with curtains closed, beige carpet, slight ambient light from 2 flat panel displays.

Oh, never mind. I was trying to get some shots of some old baseball cards and was a little surprised at the settings required for it to show up. I should probably sleep more and not ask questions as such. ;)

BTW - if you're close to my age then you probably have to use both eyes. :D

aparmley
12-30-2005, 01:47 PM
ROTFLMAO.

Let's see, nighttime, walls are painted an eggshell white, ceiling is white, 2 doors (although one is a closet), 1 window with curtains closed, beige carpet, slight ambient light from 2 flat panel displays.

Oh, never mind. I was trying to get some shots of some old baseball cards and was a little surprised at the settings required for it to show up. I should probably sleep more and not ask questions as such. ;)

BTW - if you're close to my age then you probably have to use both eyes. :D

LMAO. Sleep is overated and if you get plenty, it usually wears off in less than 24 hours anyway.