PDA

View Full Version : Need help with Panasonic DMC LC43!!!!!!

jcon
10-13-2004, 02:45 PM
I have had this camera for almost a year now and my main reason for buying it was for taking pictures when I go to wrestling events(WWE/WWF). The pictures I ahve taken so far have turned out dark and blurry. I have been able to get a few al be it very few OK looking pictures. I have played with all the setting and have not been able to find a suitable setting. Could someone please help me out with how to take good quality pictures in low lighting and dark lighting settings. For the most part I have been very happy with all other pictures I have taken with this camera (people, nature, etc..). Just cant find a way to do so with wrestling and other action photos. PLEASE HELP!! I have WWE Raw show in Chicago and a WWE PPV in Milwaukee comming up on Monday and Tuesday so the quicker the better... THANKS FOR THE HELP!!

John_Reed
10-13-2004, 03:13 PM
I have had this camera for almost a year now and my main reason for buying it was for taking pictures when I go to wrestling events(WWE/WWF). The pictures I ahve taken so far have turned out dark and blurry. I have been able to get a few al be it very few OK looking pictures. I have played with all the setting and have not been able to find a suitable setting. Could someone please help me out with how to take good quality pictures in low lighting and dark lighting settings. For the most part I have been very happy with all other pictures I have taken with this camera (people, nature, etc..). Just cant find a way to do so with wrestling and other action photos. PLEASE HELP!! I have WWE Raw show in Chicago and a WWE PPV in Milwaukee comming up on Monday and Tuesday so the quicker the better... THANKS FOR THE HELP!!Well, your camera isn't exactly a "low light powerhouse," is it? Shooting moving athletes from a distance in low light is not an easy thing to "get right." However, there are a few things you might try:

1) Increase ISO to 200 or even 400 if image noise isn't objectionable. The higher ISO will enable faster shutter speeds, which is what you're looking for.
2) Try shooting your wrestlers in "Portrait" mode. This mode will give you the widest lens opening (maximum aperture), and the fastest shutter speed available for proper exposure.
3) Try under-exposing a little (~-1/3 EV) - gives a little faster shutter speed
4) Use High-speed "Burst" mode to capture a sequence. Sometimes the photos in the middle of the sequence will be sharper than you'd get from just a single snapshot.

jcon
10-13-2004, 03:41 PM
Thanks John! I will try that and let you know how they turn out when I get back on Tuesday!

Jayde
10-14-2004, 02:39 AM
LC43 Achilles heel is that it has no ISO 400 :(
damn shame, otherwise in normal light its fine

jcon
10-14-2004, 11:07 AM
What camera would you reccomend to get the best results with dark lighting or night pictures? I love this camera but if I cant use it for the purpose I bought it for I will get a better one. I would like to keep it under $300 and would like 4MP. Thanks again!

Jayde
10-15-2004, 07:40 AM
hiya :rolleyes:
plz look at this thread..here (http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1567)
FZ3 is slightly more than 300$ but its worth twice that for the features incl 2 night modes + fireworks mode and AF assist light, and new more powerful flash..

plz try a few models before you buy tho.. :)