PDA

View Full Version : A75 and Histograms

isaac_bh
10-13-2004, 11:29 AM
I'm very close to buying the A75. It's just a bragain for the price. However, there is one question I have that I couldn't find the answer for in the manual: Does the A75 have a live histogram, or only a playback histogram (after the picture is taken)? A live one will allow me to make a quick adjustment and take just one shot - the right one. With a playback-only histogram, you have to tell your subject, "sorry, we'll have to do it again". Not very convenient. This is not a crucial factor by any means. I'm just curious.

BTW, it'll be my first digicam. Thanks...

10-13-2004, 11:47 AM
I own a A95 and unfortunatly it has only a playback histogram, so I am almost certain A75 also offers a playback histogram, but I think that with practice you won't have to tell your subject "sorry we'll have to do it again".

Robert
10-14-2004, 09:07 AM
I'm very close to buying the A75. It's just a bragain for the price. However, there is one question I have that I couldn't find the answer for in the manual: Does the A75 have a live histogram, or only a playback histogram (after the picture is taken)? A live one will allow me to make a quick adjustment and take just one shot - the right one. With a playback-only histogram, you have to tell your subject, "sorry, we'll have to do it again". Not very convenient. This is not a crucial factor by any means. I'm just curious.

BTW, it'll be my first digicam. Thanks...

The A75 does not have a live histogram. However you'll find that the A75 does an admirable job when used within it's limitations.

If you're really hardover for a live histogram you may wish to look at the Sony DSC-W1. The best price I've seen on this camera from a reputable dealer (Newegg.com) is around $320.