PDA

View Full Version : Review of Sony DSC-V3

tournesol
10-13-2004, 01:54 AM
I simply can't wait. I'm expecting it to be a killer cam :) Now even more since the great review of P150.

When can we expect a full review?

tournesol
10-14-2004, 03:43 AM
Can't to see how it does :)

luller6
10-18-2004, 02:34 PM
Hi Jeff,

waiting also desperately for the DSC V3 review.
Please also do the DSC P150 since this is a killercam too.
Allready got it and very happy - but others need to know too.

Review suggestion !
i love your site - but since i got my Canon G6 i really miss a portrait and peoples test shot (with flash also) because my G6 had an amazing problem.
Everything looked quite sharp and nice - EXCEPT - shots of persons in the evening or night with flash !
Funny - got a shot of a woman wearing a shirt with flowers on it - the flowers on the shirt are sharp while the face (eyebrows, skin, glasses) looks very unsharp.
There is no source for comparison in the internet and i still do not know if this was a problem of my cam only - or general problem.
Canon uses very strong anti noise algorhytms -eventually this is the problem.
Please add this kathegory to your reviews - then they are PERFECT !

Thanx
Greetings from Germany.

Grazy
10-21-2004, 09:41 PM
I can't wait to find out about this camera too.

luller6: regarding the blur problem, are you sure that this isn't because of movment?
People move a lot (espeicaly when there trying to smile/look nice for a photo), because you were trying to take the photo at night the shutter speed might have been long to compensate for the lack of light, thus the movement caused a blur.
I had this problem recently taking photos for a my photography class at school (silver based, not digital), my subjects collar was perfectly in focus but his face was fuzzy, because of movment.

I don't know if this is your problem, one way to get an idea would be to find out what the shutter-speed was of that photo (cameras normaly save this in the Exif data in the image itself), if the shutterspeed was long in this case, movement will probably have effected the sharpness of her features.

I find it hard to believe that it would be a camera problem when only such a small amount of situations are effected.

Sorry to diverge from the thread topic. :p

Andy.

luller6
10-24-2004, 01:22 PM
I tried all modes incl. 1/250sec. and tripod.
canon seem to have a weak quality control system - sure it was Focus miscalibration or lens not good.
If i compare now to my sony DSC 150 the sharpness is worlds appart.
Sony produces 100% knifesharp shots yet.
AF works even in very low light condition great !!!
Sony postponed again the release of the DSC V3 (now week 1 or 2 in November)
But be sure the Zeiss lens will produce sharp shots.
the Canon EOS 300D i ordered now will be my last try with canon
(if again not sharp then..(/%&/%$&%$)