PDA

View Full Version : FZ20 Circuit City/Panasonic rebate

jeffrshaw
10-12-2004, 07:54 AM
Having seen talk on forums that purchasing the FZ20 at Circuit City resulted in a Panasonic mail-in rebate for a free battery and camera bag, I decided to check it out. It is true. Does anyone know exactly what kind of camera bag Panasonic is giving out? A pic would be nice.

wmussatto
10-12-2004, 08:32 AM
Ask me in 12 weeks when it arrives (the rebate form said it may take up to that long to be processed). I hope the battery is for the camera..

Levin808
10-16-2004, 01:55 AM
Battery/Bag rebate good to 10/31/04: <http://www.circuitcity.com/rpsm/oid/111238/rpem/ccd/RebateDetails.do>
(FZ20) $75 gift card online, good till 10/16/04
(FZ3) $50 gift card online, good till 10/16/04

Long version:
All in one night I decided to buy a FZ20 by reading this forum. I was already interested in one but my research was accelerated by a 10% (back) gift card coupon for Circuit City, which expires Saturday. I’m in Hawaii so I can't benefit from on-line merchants with cheap or free shipping. :( Therefore 10% of $599 or $60 is as good I’ll get.

Well, browsing to cicuitcity.com yielded a better offer at $75 gift card during their Columbus Day sale, which also ends Saturday (basically today). However I was still curious about that Panasonic rebate for a battery and bag people have posted about. Panasonics site mentions nothing, nor does Circuit City’s FZ20 product page. BUT I dug into Circuit City’s site further and I located the rebate! On the bottom bar on circuitcity.com there is “Deals”, under that click on “Sales & rebates”. Then click on “Cameras and Camcorders” to find various offers.

This might nudge some into taking the plunge as it did me. Go for it!

dean

lumixfan
10-16-2004, 05:50 AM
I thought the camera bag/battery offer is only for the
in store purchase. So, just to clarify,
I also purchased the FZ20 from CC online store and picked it up at the store. Looks like
1. I am eligible for the $ 75 gift certificate (fortunately it asks only for the COPY OF THE UPC)
2. Also eligible for camera bag/battery (asks for ORIGINAL UPC).
There is a statement about only one rebate eligible for household in bag/battery offer. That may be for that offer, I suppose. Because I routinely get multiple mail in rebates from stores like best buy (one from store, one from manufacturer).

Wow. This is a cool deal. I almost ordered a camera bag yesterday. Glad that I checked this forum right after getting up from the bed.

Time to make copies of all papers, and head off to USPS ...

Thanks guys... This forum is turning to be one of my favorites