PDA

View Full Version : Memory stick pro w/ magic gate won't work w/ dazzle card reader

feeth
12-17-2005, 07:00 AM
I have a Dazzle 2.0 USB card reader, its either a 10 or 8 to 1 reader.

I got the wife a new sony dig camera and a sandisk 512mb memory stick pro magicgate card.

Well the reader will not recognize the card at all.

I did find another person on the net with the same problem here (http://www.dealtime.com/xPR-Dazzle_Multimedia_Dazzle_Hi_Speed_Memory_Stick_Dig ital_Media_Reader_Writer_DM_22300~RD-161366380164)

Has anybody else ever delt with this problem?

Anybody use a USB 2.0 card reader that works with a magicgate card?

Card reader works fine for CF cards from my canon A80. I have also used it for a memory stick card in the past.

pacman_za
12-24-2005, 07:50 AM
Hi Feeth

I have almost exactly the same problem as what you described.

I bought an 8-1 Zynet card reader that supposedly reads Sony Memory Stick/Pro/Duo cards. It does read the card that I got with my Sony P200 (32MB Memory Stick [not Pro] MagicGate) perfectly, but will not read my new 512 MB Memory Stick Pro (MagicGate) by Transcend.

The reader uses USB 2.0 and does absolutely nothing when I insert the 512MB card. I've tried installing a new driver for the reader that I downloaded from the Zynet website, but to no avail.

My wife has the Canon 350D and the reader works perfectly with her 1GB Compact Flash card.

This is very irritating as I am on holiday and only took the reader with me, not the cable. I suppose it was quite stupid, but I presumed that it would work with the new card as it worked so well with the other.

Seeing that Zynet advertises the reader as being compatible with Memory Stick Pro cards (nothing mentioned about size) I'm holding out hope that there might be a solution to my problem somewhere out there.

Maybe I'll try formatting the card in my camera and try again.

Good luck, and let me know please should you come right.

Cheers
:(

Steve Cifra
12-24-2005, 10:04 AM
If you guys go to your product support pages, there should be updates for the readers. I had to do this with my Dazzle. Also, I looked quickly and there is one for the Zynet also.

Steve

pacman_za
12-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Hi Steve

I've discovered that my card reader is actually not by Zynet, but by Kouwell. What fooled me was that XP automatically installs Zynet drivers when the device is plugged in. I've subsequently downloaded a "Generic USB Card Reader Driver V3.0" from the Kouwell website and installed it, but my 512 MB card is still not detected.

I've written them an email and will patiently wait for a reply...

Piet

filippk48
01-02-2006, 07:27 PM
If you guys go to your product support pages, there should be updates for the readers. I had to do this with my Dazzle. Also, I looked quickly and there is one for the Zynet also.

Steve
I tried to find an update to my Dazzle. Couldnt find one!
Would be so kind and give the address, where you found the update.
Thanks a lot!!

filippk48
01-02-2006, 09:19 PM

Steve you couldn't possible find update on Dazzle site...they sold the division about a year ago.
But I found the updated firmware on Ziocorp.com. Installed it, and it works as a charm. I had to reboot, before the computer recognized the "new" card reader! Good luck! I tried Sandisk 512, Sandisk 1gig - works, as supposed to!

rick stappert
01-04-2006, 08:03 AM
I currrently have a Dazzle 1.1 USB card reader, I bought a sandisk 512mb memory stick pro magicgate card for xmas to go with her 3.1 sony digital camera. Well the reader will not recognize the card at all. Her old sony 128 card works fine, so thought about upgrading her Dazzle to the new usb 2 unit still the same problem.

Having said all of the above this is the second memory stick i tried this xmas i also purchased a Lexar 512 stick with magicgate and the Dazzle would not recognize the memory.

As Steve in this form suggested i go to Ziocorp.com, did and downloaded the FlashWriter_S.exe, however this not run and or work on my pc, itís a dell 2.4

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

rick stappert
01-04-2006, 08:41 AM
I currrently have a Dazzle 1.1 USB card reader, I bought a sandisk 512mb memory stick pro magicgate card for xmas to go with her 3.1 sony digital camera. Well the reader will not recognize the card at all. Her old sony 128 card works fine, so thought about upgrading her Dazzle to the new usb 2 unit still the same problem.

Having said all of the above this is the second memory stick i tried this xmas i also purchased a Lexar 512 stick with magicgate and the Dazzle would not recognize the memory.

As Steve in this form suggested i go to Ziocorp.com, did and downloaded the FlashWriter_S.exe, however this not run and or work on my pc, itís a dell 2.4

filippk48
01-04-2006, 07:32 PM

I did!...And I gave the solution! But you downloaded the wrong firmware.
Go to the site of Zio again, look for updates for 6-in-1.
If I could do it, than anybody could. And please, please read the text file. It gives a great step by step guidance!!!!
Oh yeah

I did!...And I gave the solution!(you mentioned Steve somehow). But you downloaded the wrong firmware.
Go to the site of Zio again, look for updates for 6-in-1.
If I could do it, than anybody could. And please, please read the text file. It gives a great step by step guidance!!!!
Oh yeah...When you download the update, you have to unzip it. And you will see.."FlashIt Generic Device Firmware Upgrade".
I dont know much about computers, but I dont understand: why did you have to mention what computer do you have...Does it matter, after all!!

jjll
03-11-2006, 02:28 PM
you couldn't possible find update on Dazzle site...they sold the division about a year ago.
But I found the updated firmware on Ziocorp.com. Installed it, and it works as a charm. I had to reboot, before the computer recognized the "new" card reader! Good luck! I tried Sandisk 512, Sandisk 1gig - works, as supposed to!

Thanks for the tip! I downloaded the firmware, flashed it, and... it didn't work! I then disconnected my reader and plugged it back in, still didn't work... then I rebooted... still didn't work... and, then, I figured it out...

My memory stick was inserted upside down! :p (how was I supposed to know the bottom side goes up??? :D )... anyway, thanks everyone for the tips here! It works like a charm now, although I'll never know whether it's because of the firmware flash or simply because I inserted it correctly now :D

irishproduce
03-18-2006, 06:50 AM
Guys, I have the exact same problem you had. Could one of you email me the address of that update or post it here
Thanks
Irish