PDA

View Full Version : E-1 being cleared out for $679

Rex914
12-16-2005, 10:07 PM
Buydig.com and other stores are clearing out the E-1 at bargain basement prices. Combine that with the official $50 rebate on the camera, and you have the body only price for this camera dipping below $700.

The build quality is nice, but it might be a bit dated in its design, so you'll have to weigh its pro components (build quality, large VF) against its outdated status to see if it's really worth it. For the average consumer, the E-500 is better, but if you want an E-1 for a cheap price, now's the time to do it.

jamison55
12-17-2005, 04:05 AM
That's a great deal! One feature you forgot to mention is the weather sealing. And access to the excellent Olympus pro support (the equivalent of Canon's CPS - a very exclusive club to say the least). The E-1 is a "Pro" body in the same way that the 1D and D2h/x are, so the general build quality is top notch. Well worth $100 more than the E500 IMHO...

Norm in Fujino
12-18-2005, 03:29 AM
Certainly sounds like a good deal. I've been very impressed with all the images I've seen from the E-1--although I have the E-300, I'm really waiting to see the E-n scheduled to come out this next spring.