PDA

View Full Version : Canon a95 made in Malaysia????? is good?

CanonManiac
10-12-2004, 07:02 AM
Here in Argentina they are offering me the canon A95 made in Malaysia what do you think? i should buy that? is trustfull?
because here everyone were talking about made in china or japan but i never hear made in malaysia so i whant to know if they are the same quality!
Hope someone could help me!

Oh! and another question... is there some way to diference a 100%new camera from a refurbished?

Robert
10-12-2004, 08:09 AM
Here in Argentina they are offering me the canon A95 made in Malaysia what do you think? i should buy that? is trustfull?
because here everyone were talking about made in china or japan but i never hear made in malaysia so i whant to know if they are the same quality!

Oh! and another question... is there some way to diference a 100%new camera from a refurbished?

Given Canon's reputation for quality it would seem to me that regardless of where their cameras are made would really not be an issue.

Refurbished cameras (that are refurbished by the manufacturer) are marked as such but that doesn't mean that a dishonest dealer could not remove the marking. Your best bet is always to go with a dealer that has a good reputation.

D70FAN
10-12-2004, 10:52 AM

In the not too distant future, you will be hard-pressed to find cameras made entirely in Japan, even the glass.

Malaysia, Thailand, and Signapore, have excellent quality control systems in their plants and you will find all are ISO9000 qualified.

Only buy refurbished cameras from factory authorized dealers or directly from the manufacturer web-site and you should be a happy camper. Refurbished cameras are identified as refurbished through these sources.

CanonManiac
10-12-2004, 03:38 PM
thanx everyone i will try to find a trustfull store