PDA

View Full Version : FZ20 and Program Shift mode

jeffrshaw
10-12-2004, 04:23 AM
I am confused as to how the Program Shift mode on the FZ20 is supposed to work. The manual seems to indicate that BOTH the aperture and shutter speed can be changed independently. My camera only seems to allow the aperture to be changed....the shutter speed still seems to auto adjust based on the aperture selected. Anyone know how this really works?

judge9847
10-12-2004, 04:42 AM
I am confused as to how the Program Shift mode on the FZ20 is supposed to work. The manual seems to indicate that BOTH the aperture and shutter speed can be changed independently. My camera only seems to allow the aperture to be changed....the shutter speed still seems to auto adjust based on the aperture selected. Anyone know how this really works?
I can only talk to the FZ10 but I'm pretty certain it must be the same as the FZ20.

On the FZ10 Program Shift does exactly what you describe. The manual appears to suggest that either aperture value or shutter speed can be set but I've only managed to change the former. I strongly suspect that shutter speed can't be set in Program Shift other than by changing aperture.

If anyone knows differently, there are at least two people now who'd really like to know.