PDA

View Full Version : For Rhys (and others) a seamless Hawaiian panorama

John_Reed
10-11-2004, 07:35 AM
http://john-reed.smugmug.com/photos/9676689-L.jpg
This is made from 5 successive overlapping handheld FZ10 shots, of the Hanelei Valley on Kauai. Find the stitches, Rhys? I can't see any, even on the full-size original, from ArcSoft's Panorama Maker.

Nick
10-11-2004, 08:46 AM
Wow! That is one beauty of a landscape.

John_Reed
10-11-2004, 10:06 AM
Wow! That is one beauty of a landscape.I rather like that one myself, if I may say so. It really captures the beauty of the original scene very well. My late father bequeathed me an old "panorama" camera, which, though it doesn't really work anymore, was designed with a lens that flipped from side to side to take the shot. The film (120 size, I think) was situated behind the lens on a curved track to cover maybe 90 degrees of arc. I remember seeing some shots my Dad took with B/W film, usually group photos. Even though it was wide 120-sized film, I don't think that the lens quality would come anywhere near supporting the same size photo as this digital one I've shown. Ain't technology great? :o

D70FAN
10-11-2004, 03:27 PM
This is made from 5 successive overlapping handheld FZ10 shots, of the Hanelei Valley on Kauai. Find the stitches, Rhys? I can't see any, even on the full-size original, from ArcSoft's Panorama Maker.

Well done. Just a little more sky would make this shot perfect ;)

John_Reed
10-11-2004, 09:23 PM
Well done. Just a little more sky would make this shot perfect ;)Bitch, bitch, bitch! ;) And there I was, looking for a little bit more Valley! Damned if you do, damned if you don't... :eek:

David Elson
10-19-2004, 02:41 AM
Hi John,
Loved the picture, I use the same programme for my Panoramas. Must agree with George though I would liked to see a little more sky to make the shot perfect. I know, bitch bitch bitch. :D

David

John_Reed
10-19-2004, 06:20 AM
Hi John,
Loved the picture, I use the same programme for my Panoramas. Must agree with George though I would liked to see a little more sky to make the shot perfect. I know, bitch bitch bitch. :D

DavidIt was worth it right there! Where have you been keeping yourself? Good to hear from you. Ever since you blew the upgrade on your FZ1 (only known human to have failed that simple task! ;) ), and bought your dReb, I guess you haven't deigned to dwell with us mortal earthlings?

DigiDunce
10-21-2004, 07:55 AM
Whew! Close one! :eek: He almost got a pic of me and his wife right there behind that bush ! I was the one behind two bushes! :D

Sorry, had to do it.. I know I'm a newbie to the board, but I'm a smart aleck newbie---heheheeee :p

John_Reed
10-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Whew! Close one! :eek: He almost got a pic of me and his wife right there behind that bush ! I was the one behind two bushes! :D

Sorry, had to do it.. I know I'm a newbie to the board, but I'm a smart aleck newbie---heheheeee :pI had to PhotoShop you and your wife out of the photo. This is a family forum, you know! ;)

DigiDunce
10-22-2004, 06:26 AM
Don't know what I was thinking.. Just in that kind of mood I guess. Forgot that it may be family forum.

My apologies. Just having little too much fun.

Oops! :o

John_Reed
10-22-2004, 08:26 AM
Don't know what I was thinking.. Just in that kind of mood I guess. Forgot that it may be family forum.

My apologies. Just having little too much fun.

Oops! :oI don't know about Jeff, but you didn't violate my TOS. :o These days, there's nothing wrong with finding a little fun anywhere you look, if you can. Keep your humor going!