PDA

View Full Version : Buffer r12 error?

orientblue330
12-09-2005, 07:40 PM
I just started getting an error when I try and take a picture. With the button pressed half way down I see the r12 code (in the remaining exposures section). When I pressed it all the way down, I get the err code on the display. I then need to press it again to release the shutter.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks.

D70FAN
12-10-2005, 07:14 AM
I just started getting an error when I try and take a picture. With the button pressed half way down I see the r12 code (in the remaining exposures section). When I pressed it all the way down, I get the err code on the display. I then need to press it again to release the shutter.

Any thoughts on how to solve this?

Thanks.

And the camera model is?

orientblue330
12-11-2005, 07:20 AM
Sorry, forgot to mention it is a D70.

MFR
12-12-2005, 04:38 PM
I was searching on Google for some ideas about this problem:

Purchased Nikon D50 last week, and two Sandisk SD 512 Ultra II cards (separatlely). Set up camera, inserted SD card, and after a few images, got the error message you saw on the D70. Re-formatted the card and re-set the camera a couple of times. No help. Took the whole set back to the store (Glad I did not mail-order). The salesman said they have trouble with Sandisk, but when he put a diffrent card in the D50, still froze. He did the right thing, and took it back and gave me a replacment box. Set up the camera, and with some worry, used the second SD card I had purchased. No problems (at least for 2 days now). I am worried that the first card is corrupted, and I am going to try to check it out before I put in the camera, but your post was exactly what I had experienced, and any feedback is appreciated.

sandisk problem or Nikon problem?

Maxx0420
07-21-2006, 08:08 AM
Hello, I spoke to NIKON, they stated r12 msg is not an error, it simply states how many pictures the camera has in it's buffer. You can call Nikon Customer Service @ 1800-645-6689

Hope this was usefull.

Maxx

K1W1
07-21-2006, 02:35 PM
I wish people would realise that the owners manual included with cameras is not just there to fill up some space in the box.
D50 manual - page 21!
r12 is as stated not an error message at all. It simply indicates that there are 12 images remaining in the cameras internal buffer waiting to be written to the card. What it appears to be indicating in this instance though is that the images are getting to the buffer but are the camera is unable to write them to the card. That could either be a card or camera issue.
Are the SanDisk cards genuine? There are thousands of pirate SanDisk cards on the market so it may be a good idea to contact SanDisk and see if you actually have the real thing.

Stoller
07-21-2006, 03:32 PM
Glad this was explained. I have been getting different error codes for months everytime I take a picture... ;)