PDA

View Full Version : Fz 20 burst mode

oct_7
10-11-2004, 03:47 AM
Hi,

I read two diff reviews regarding e burst mode of fz 20. From here, Jeff said that e lcd doesnt black out, so it's possible to follow e movement. But I read from steve's digicam review, he said that e LCD freeze, so it is not possible to follow e movement. Which one is true?

Thank you,

Regards,

genece
10-11-2004, 02:07 PM
I do not think I can really clear this up, but I'll try . My opinion is the camera blinks and then shows the picture it just took and then it blinks and shows the picture , All this is happening at 4 frames per second. And I can follow deer running or large birds overhead. Some times I loose them but there are times when I have followed for 10 or 12 shots when using continuous burst.
With The FZ 10 I was limited to 5 shots because the screen does freeze during the 2 second write time.
Do not hurt me if others disagree but that is the way I see it.

srvdcr
10-13-2004, 07:28 PM
They are both right. Let me give you my take. The camera shoots a shot and momentarily blacks out and then the picture shows up on the screen. This repeats as long as you hold the button down (infinity mode). There is little if any time where the screen is black on the FZ-20 (better than my old FZ-10). But, the issue is following a moving target (sports) because what you see on the screen is where the player "was" not "is." You are always one photo behind. I am looking into making the red dot scope attachment described on dpreview that gives me some sort of optical help to follow the action. For now I try to aim it with both eyes open and one looking through the EVF.

PixChick
10-13-2004, 08:53 PM
The screen does not go black at all during burst mode. At least not to my eye. It does momentarily freeze while writing each pic to the card. I don't know the actual amount of time that is taken up with the frozen screen. It hasn't been a problem for me and I use the continuous burst mode which is the slowest burst mode. I don't track the fastest moving subjects though. I think that with a bit of practice, the burst mode on the FZ 20 can give you excellent results. Just though I'd throw in my two cents.