PDA

View Full Version : New Sample Photos Demonstrating Lumix Zoom

Jim Zim
10-10-2004, 05:03 PM
I went to our local park today and shot some photos of a little league baseball game in order to demonstrate the big image-stabilized zoom lens on the Panasonic Lumix cameras.

I've posted the new pictures on my Lumix web page (http://zimfamilycockers.com/Panasonic/). There's also a good demonstration there of why an external flash is useful, and some information on why you shouldn't buy a cheap SD memory card.

I also added a chart that summarizes the major differences between the FZ3, FZ10, FZ15, and FZ20 cameras.

Some search engine must have found my page, because I've had over 1150 hits on it in the last ten days!

zookeeper
10-10-2004, 08:58 PM
Jim, You say that you recommend a 512MB card for the FZ-20. I agree with you on the amount of memory but I have a theory that 2 or 3 smaller cards may be better than one. Yea, you may have to stop and swap but its pretty easy (if not on a tpod). I would rather lose some of my pics than all of them if a problem occurs with the cards (and it does sometimes). I am opting for 2-3 256 MB cards rather than one BIG one. If I lose 1 electronically or physically, I still have 'backup' to continue on with whatever........Get my drift?.............AND YES, they must be high speed, 32X or better, usually 10MB read/write speed rating. Jerry G...............the Zookeeper.
P.S. - your pics are great................luv that camera.