PDA

View Full Version : Fingerprint on LCD

Dave601
10-10-2004, 02:20 PM
Got a fingerprint on my LCD. How would be the best way to get it off. I was thinking rubbing alchohal or something like that. Thanks for any info.

judge9847
10-10-2004, 02:56 PM
Got a fingerprint on my LCD. How would be the best way to get it off. I was thinking rubbing alchohal or something like that. Thanks for any info.
I would never, ever, not ever do anything like that. If it's just a fingerprint then a soft cloth - a soft, DRY, cloth - should take it off without any problems.

If it's a really sticky thing then use one of the moist cloths that you can buy for cleaning computer screens. But make sure you dry it as soon as it's cleared. And don't over do it.

If it's likely to happen again - my youngest grandson likes the look of shiny things like lenses and LCDs - then buy some of the protective film that most camera shops sell. Cut it to size and stick it over the LCD screen. That way, if it does get fingerprinted again, and it's difficult to clean off, all you've got to do is remove the sticky cover and replace it with a new one. They are about 3 a pack of four I think it is here in the UK, enough to last a lifetime.

Hope that helps

Dave601
10-10-2004, 02:59 PM
That helps a lot. I am glad I asked here before I did anything :) . Thanks a lot.

propwash
10-10-2004, 04:06 PM
If your local camera store doesn't have these (mine doesn't) another alternative is to get the protective strips made for PDA's (Palm Pilot or Pocket PC). Most office stores have these, and they can be easily trimmed to the exact size you need. Good luck.

judge9847
10-11-2004, 03:03 AM
If your local camera store doesn't have these (mine doesn't) another alternative is to get the protective strips made for PDA's (Palm Pilot or Pocket PC). Most office stores have these, and they can be easily trimmed to the exact size you need. Good luck.
They are exactly the same thing! My local camera store does their own pack of them but as propwash says, Staples or anybody like that will have some for PDAs - use them! It's a very effective (and cheap!) solution.