PDA

View Full Version : DL vs. DS2

noddin0ff
11-29-2005, 10:45 AM
I downloaded the spec sheets from the Pentax site. I can't figure out what the difference is between the istDL and the istDS2 except the price. The DL may be 1mm thicker according to the spec sheet. Can anybody tell me if there is a notable difference between these bodies?

Thanks!

n0

Ishkabibble
11-29-2005, 11:03 AM
There is another thread that covers this if you review the archives, but basically...

DS includes an 11 point focus system
DS has a pentaprism viewfinder
Not sure that the DL functions with manual lenses, have heard conflicting stories. DS does.

There are undoubtedly more differences; I stopped considering the DL when I learned of the difference in the viewfinders. You might check past archives for a more complete report.

coldrain
11-29-2005, 11:47 AM
The main attraction of the *istDS over other entry DSLR's is the bright view finder. The *istDL does not have that. The *istDL also only has 3 focus points but that is for most people not such a big problem. 1.6 pics per second for the
*istDS, 2.7 for the *istDL. The *istDS2 is upgraded to match the *istDL with bigger LCD and speed.

The *istDS gave better images than the *istDL, less sharp but overall better due to better internal software. Not sure if the *istDS2 got the software the *istDL uses, that would be a shame.

noddin0ff
11-29-2005, 01:07 PM
Thank you!

n0