PDA

View Full Version : C750 Help w/a line through my pictures

jabberfan
11-25-2005, 01:37 AM
I have had my C750 for over a year and a half and now I am having problems with the pictures. I took some at a convention in August and had no problems. I went on a trip to Washington D.C. in early October and took some pictures. What I didn't notice until much later was that I have a vertical line running through my pictures now. I took some different pictures a couple of weeks later and I still have the same issue. I tried everything I could think of to get rid of the line but it looks like it is on the lens somewhere. The only thing I had done differently from August to October was change my picture resolution from SHQ down a step and back so that shouldn't have done anything to it. I am also using a FL-20 external flash but I had been using it for a few months prior to the problem so that can't be it either. The line mainly appears in the darker lighted pictures but you can kind of see it with the non-flash ones too.
Has this happened to anyone else? What I am wondering is would it be worth it to try and get this repaired? Or should I just forget it and buy a new camera? Thanks for any help you could give me.
Here are a couple of examples of the line below (I've tried to circle where the line appears. The pictures have been sized down for convenience):

Norm in Fujino
11-25-2005, 02:08 AM
What I am wondering is would it be worth it to try and get this repaired? Or should I just forget it and buy a new camera?

That looks like a sensor problem. Best thing I can say is to take it to your dealer and ask for a repair estimate. Then decide whether that is reasonable given the cost of buying a new camera (you may also have to pay a nominal amount for the estimate, even if you decide not to have the repairs done).
The C-750 takes excellent pictures (I have a C-755, which is virtually identical), and right now it can probably be bought for $250 if you look around (the C-755 is $299 at Amazon). There are lots of other cameras you could consider now, too, if you are thinking about moving up.

(OT, but certain Olympus cameras (along with a number of other manufacturers) have a defective Sony sensor in them that causes imaging problems, but the 750 isn't one of them, I think:
http://www.dpreview.com/news/0510/05101403oly_ccdadvisory.asp

Geoff Chandler
11-25-2005, 09:49 AM
I assume you mean the two alarming curved lines?? Black in one and red in the other?
Yep - that looks like a problem for Olympus to look at - and as suggested - get an estimate first and weigh up if you fell it's worth it to keep that camera - which is a great camera - but at some point the cost will outweigh. That point will be your decison.
Good luck - an do get back and let us all know how you get on..

Geoff

jabberfan
11-25-2005, 11:22 AM
I assume you mean the two alarming curved lines?? Black in one and red in the other?
Geoff

No, the alarming colored curved lines are me. I was trying to circle the little white line in the pictures.

As for taking it to my dealer, my father had purchased it cheap at an office supply store which doesn't have any sort of camera repair place. Is there anywhere else I could possibly take it?

I may just move up to a better Olympus now.

Adiseshanaik
12-08-2005, 09:49 AM
Hi there, I have been using C-750 since April-2004. I never faced any problem of such kind. Problem Must be with the sensor. I own a DSLR now but I always carry C750 as my back camera. I like its picture quality.