PDA

View Full Version : nikonD70 how to disable flash?

jimdg
10-08-2004, 08:16 AM
Hello,I have a new D70 and each time I put it on I'm automatically in the flash mode and must disable it before I shoot with the flash sync button and mode dial. Is there a way to pass these steps and have it off when I first turn the camera on? I've looked at the manual but can't find this option. thanksJim

D70FAN
10-08-2004, 10:40 AM
Hello,I have a new D70 and each time I put it on I'm automatically in the flash mode and must disable it before I shoot with the flash sync button and mode dial. Is there a way to pass these steps and have it off when I first turn the camera on? I've looked at the manual but can't find this option. thanksJim

Nope, not that this has ever even occured to me. I just turn the flash on and off to meet the needs of the shooting environment.

It sounds like you shoot exclusively in low light. It's not that big of a deal to turn the flash off before each shooting session, since you should be going through a mental checklist each time anyway (even in Auto mode). Since the battery life is so long, just leave the camera on for the entire time you plan to shoot, and the flash setting will not be a factor. Do have a spare battery with you just in case, but without using the flash you should get about 1200 shots and several days of continuous "power-on" time, on a single charge.

Ant
10-08-2004, 11:43 AM

Sounds like you're in AUTO. If you use P,A,S or M then the flash won't do anything at all regaedless of the light unless you manually deploy it. Just shoot in P mode.

jimdg
10-08-2004, 05:58 PM
Yes,I was in Auto and I see in P mode flash is off.Thanks!!