PDA

View Full Version : reviews for the kodak easyshare z760?

waterboy419
11-23-2005, 05:49 AM
i can't find any online anywhere. does anyone know of any, or does anyone have this camera and want to give me their feedback on it?

thanks

waterboy419
11-23-2005, 06:23 AM
and also, what does a docking station do? i know a printer dock prints pics. does the docking station just charge the battery?

coldrain
11-23-2005, 08:59 AM
The docking station connects the camera to the computer. Mostly bothersome since you need to bring it along to connect to a computer, other cameras just use a USB cable.

waterboy419
11-23-2005, 05:46 PM
anyone know about the reviews? i kinda need to know soon because walmart has the z760 on sale friday only for $199 with dock.

propwash
11-24-2005, 09:40 AM
I saw the same ad for the V760 plus dock for $199. If you buy the camera alone, you will get the USB cord which you can use to connect the camera to your computer. If you then buy the dock separately, you will get the dock and an AC adapter which will either power the camera or charge the battery if the camera is placed on the dock and the camera is turned off. If you buy the package deal (camera and dock), I don't know if you will get the camera-to-computer USB cable or if you will get the cable that connects the dock to the cmputer. There's a chance that the same cable could be used for both connections (camera to computer and dock to computer), but I'm not sure. The dock wouldn't be that useful to me, because I would just use my card reader for transferring the photos. However, I would get some use out of the AC adapter that comes with the dock. The camera is pretty nice, having a 1/1.8 sensor, where most others in this class only have the smaller 1/2.5 sensor.

tillymint
11-25-2005, 06:03 AM
I have had this camera for 8 months now and have found the image quality to be very good. It is easy to use and the menu system is very functional. However I have had to return the camera to the manufacturer twice due to mechanical problems. On the first occasion the dial on the back stuck preventing me from operating the camera. On the second occasion the clasp which holds the battery in place broke off. I have since consulted further reviews and found numerous other people experiencing the same trouble.

I have now requested a refund and am after a new camera! Shame as the camera took great pictures but the design was a bit on the shoddy side.

rboswell
11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
I purchased a Z760 this morning and just returned it. I bought it to replace my DX6490 but after comparing its performance I was unhappy with my purchase. I would recommend the DX6490 over the Z760. The DX6490 takes amazing pictures. I'm looking for something smaller because of my arthritis. That's why I tried the Z760. Good luck.