PDA

View Full Version : Caring of Canon EOS-300D Digital Rebel

meng-chieh
10-07-2004, 07:33 PM
What are some of the things that I can do in order to maintain the Canon Digital Rebel?

jay
10-08-2004, 12:53 AM
difficult question.

Pretty vague.

Obviously don't drop it, don't get it wet (now it won't turn into a mean green thing that's afraid of water ;) ) always have the lens cap on it.

Keep it out of reach of kids and pets. Take the battery out if you're going to go 10days or longer of no use.

Vague question, hope some of that was at least useful? lol

meng-chieh
10-08-2004, 11:12 AM
difficult question.

Pretty vague.

Obviously don't drop it, don't get it wet (now it won't turn into a mean green thing that's afraid of water ;) ) always have the lens cap on it.

Keep it out of reach of kids and pets. Take the battery out if you're going to go 10days or longer of no use.

Vague question, hope some of that was at least useful? lol

Yeah sorry, I realize that question was a bit on the vague side. I was, however, refering to any specific caring procedures like, for example, dust the inside mirrors (if it has any). Thanks, though, for the original tips.

jay
10-08-2004, 11:50 AM
;)

For general dust you can get one of those canned air things. For the cmos sensor cleaning, I always bring mines in to get done. Well It's only needed to be cleaned once. That shouldn't get dirty too often.

LoveOfSelene
10-08-2004, 02:11 PM
you should never use caned air to clean camera parts. If liquid comes out it has a possiblity to damage what ever it lands on! Use a rocket blower or a lens blower to be on the safe side.

~LoveOfSelene

Reminisce
10-10-2004, 02:37 PM
Well basically buy lens tissue for your camera lenses, do not use anything but a soft cloft or tissues used specifically for cleaning delicate lenses like eye glasses and camera lenses. Anything else has a chance of scratching the surface of your lenses permanently. Also dont use cloths with lint, this will only make any spots on the lens smear.

Always Always Always keep your lens cover on your lens when you're not using it, especially when walking around. Furthermore, keep the mirror protected as well, do NOT touch it with your finger, it is by far one of the most delicate pieces in your camera. There are cleaning kits specifically designed for the mirror but I have not used any.

The only thing that is really "expected" to fail in the Rebel after a certain amount of time is the shutter, but it has a rather long life expectancy (minimum of like 30,000 clicks right?) The repair for that is like 200 dollars I hear, but thats nothing you should even think about right now. By the time you get that far you will probably have another camera body or have made enough to cover that without blinking.

Most of all, just be careful with it and have fun!!