PDA

View Full Version : Olympus C-740 Auto Focus Problem

mndjr
07-11-2004, 07:00 PM
I have a new problem with my C-740. The auto focus takes 2-3 seconds to lock before the shutter snaps. By that time I've lost the shot. It happens whether I'm using the Auto, Portrait or Action modes. I'm wondering if I inadvertantly set something wrong or if the camera is malfunctioning. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

mndjr

Ron Oly
07-13-2004, 12:41 AM
What happens when you press the shutter release button half way down and let the camera focus,then pressing the shutter release button all the way down after the focus locks?

gb_in_ga
02-07-2005, 10:24 AM
What Ron says, or, if you plan your shot in advance, you can seriously save time by manually focussing ahead of time on the range you expect the shot to occur. Then there's no auto-focus lag at all. This is especially useful in action shots where you know beforehand where the action will occur. Just guess the range, set the range, and shoot when appropriate. The good, old fashioned way!

Unfortunately, auto-focus is not a free lunch, it comes at a cost.

Geoff Chandler
02-08-2005, 12:58 AM
It's not normally THAT slow! Most of the time it's OK - not brilliant but OK. Have you checked the Auto Focus settings - is it on continuous AF or single? I think it's possibly quicker on continuous ~ I only say that as mine has been on that most of the time and it never seems noticably slow at all - unless it's very dark.
Geoff