PDA

View Full Version : FZ3 processing error

madwab
10-06-2004, 11:50 PM
I posted the question below under a different title on 29Sep, and was surprised to get no replies. I'm sure if there was a real problem Jeff and others would have mentioned it, but it looks wrong to me. Now I'm left questioning the value of this forum as well as the camera. Can someone please explain the apparent defect in that shot?

Just looked at Jeff's FZ3 pics. Mostly impressive for a 3mp camera (but roll on the FZ4). However what's going on in the sky at the top of the tower (2nd pic, right hand sight)? It's so obvious it's visible in the thumbnail. I've been digital for 5 or 6 years and I've not seen that effect before; as I'm hoping to get an FZ3, I'm concerned.

D70FAN
10-07-2004, 06:29 AM
I posted the question below under a different title on 29Sep, and was surprised to get no replies. I'm sure if there was a real problem Jeff and others would have mentioned it, but it looks wrong to me. Now I'm left questioning the value of this forum as well as the camera. Can someone please explain the apparent defect in that shot?

Just looked at Jeff's FZ3 pics. Mostly impressive for a 3mp camera (but roll on the FZ4). However what's going on in the sky at the top of the tower (2nd pic, right hand sight)? It's so obvious it's visible in the thumbnail. I've been digital for 5 or 6 years and I've not seen that effect before; as I'm hoping to get an FZ3, I'm concerned.

If you are talking about the vertical "ray" effect (second row, right hand side) then also read the comments Jeff incuded with the picture (below). This was a visible effect missed by the KM Z3 due to metering problems, but captured by the Pana FZ3. I have a couple of pictures with this effect, and it is rare to capture it (generallly happens when I don't have a camera handy).

Anyway it's not a camera problem, but in fact, just the oposite.

Jeff Keller
10-07-2004, 10:33 AM

That's how the picture was supposed to look. It's an artistic shot :)

madwab
10-08-2004, 05:09 AM
I see the quote, but it's nearer to the picture below and doesn't explicitly reference it so I didn't read it originally. Can't complain if the Z3 accurately captured what was there! Thanks.