PDA

View Full Version : FZ20 hard to frame in low light

Mike C.
10-06-2004, 07:19 PM
Just got my FZ20 in a few hours ago.

Surprisingly easy to use.

So far my only complaint is the LCD screen (just as Jeff said). By the time I got to try the camera it was dark outside. I went outside to take a picture of my truck near a street light. I could not see it in the LCD. Lucky for me the chrome had a shine and I was able to use glare off the bumpers to frame the picture. The picture itself came out great.

I remember in one post someone mentioning trying a laser pointer. I tried this. It worked but I then must use a tripod to hold the camera while aimimg the laser.

Last year at Dinsey, I remember watching my brother use his Canon S30 for a shot of all of us before the fireworks show. His LCD "gained - up" enough that he was able to frame the shot in almost total darkness.

I used my 20 year old flash on the camera (checked the voltage first). It worked great!

Other than that, the camera seems great. The menu is easy to follow. Now all I have to do is learn how to compose a good picture.

Thanks for everyones advice .... Mike :D

Janet
10-06-2004, 08:23 PM
Just got my FZ20 in a few hours ago.

So far my only complaint is the LCD screen (just as Jeff said). By the time I got to try the camera it was dark outside. I went outside to take a picture of my truck near a street light. I could not see it in the LCD. Lucky for me the chrome had a shine and I was able to use glare off the bumpers to frame the picture. The picture itself came out great.

That is how I got the finger print on my FZ 20 lens! I was taking my first picture in a very dark room and the LCD was dark. I thought I must have left the cap on and reached to take it off--and it was off--and my prints were on the camera. The shot came out fine, but the prints--oh well. No use crying over a greasy camera lens. :-(