PDA

View Full Version : c2100 parts

peetpio
11-16-2005, 12:15 PM
My zoom/shutter button on my olympus c2100 uz broke and it appears it would be an easy fix if I could get the part. I contacted olympus and it would cost at least $200 to send it in and get it repaired. Does anyone know where I could get a part like this or does any one have a broken 2100 that they would be willing to sell?

Thanks, Dan

flangwig
11-26-2005, 06:59 PM
Hi,
Did you ever find a place to get parts for you c-2100?
I have the same camera and I need the mode / on/off dial switch...
Ant information on where to get parts would be greatly apreciated, I tried www.thepartsstore, they advertise 7 million parts be they didn't have the one I needed.
If you didn't get the parts for yours and you want to sell your camera let me know.
Thank you,
Wendy
flangwig@hotmail.com

peetpio
11-27-2005, 02:07 PM
It looks like you need part #VC144800, I called Olympus part department (631-881-6511) to order the part I needed. They warned me that the parts are non-refundable and that I should send it in for repairs. It doesn't appear that it would be to hard to replace this part.

-Dan

flangwig
11-29-2005, 09:30 AM
I wanted to thank you, you have been a great help...
My husband just ordered the part for our camera. They did try to give him a hard time about being an unauthorized repair place and they did say the parts are non refundable so we will see. They had no trouble taking the money though.
Thanks again,
Wendy
P.S. I'll let you know how it all works out...